Live chat software can help boost conversion rates and sales when used properly.
Since most businesses face difficulties in connecting with their clients, live chat software systems are designed to solve this problem.
Customers will prefer to buy from firms that offer live chat support since it makes it easier for them to contact the company if they have any issues hereby, increasing customer’s trust in your company.
Therefore, using live chat to raise conversion rates and boost customers’ satisfaction is a great idea.
This article will help you to choose the best live chat software to help increase customer satisfaction and increase conversion on your website.
Let’s get started…
See Also: 12 Best CRM Software for Small Business
If you don’t have the patience to peruse the entire post, the best live chat softwares are listed below:
Best Live Chat Software
So, which online chat software is the best? There are so many options for online chat conversations that it’s easy to become overwhelmed.
Here are my top options, along with their prices, benefits and features.
LiveChat is the most popular live chat software in the market. Using their free LiveChat plugin for WordPress, it’s quite simple to set up and activate.
Sales agents may see what clients are typing before sending a message via message sneak peeks. This offers them ample time to formulate a response or do research for potential customers.
You and your staff may utilize LiveChat’s attractively crafted live chat support software on tablets, computers, and mobile devices. That ensures that you can interact with consumers on the fly without having to connect to your website’s backend.
You can include survey forms before and after a live chat conversation to assess the performance of your support and sales teams.
LiveChat interfaces with dozens of other platforms, including Google Analytics, Highrise, Hubspot, SugarCRM, Zendesk, and all of the main email marketing services, including Getresponse, Aweber, ActiveCampaign, iContact, MailChimp, and many others.
You can save time because you will not have to manually enter consumer information into your other platforms.
The reality that the service and loading times are both lightning-fast is one of its other benefits. The chat window appears in a matter of seconds and works on any device. When contrasted to even the top website chat software solutions, it also provides a significantly better user experience.
It’s suitable for use in e-commerce stores. Their customization capabilities will allow you to match the design of your website to your chat pop-up, which is a significant benefit.
- Over 200 technologies, including Facebook Messenger, Mailchimp, and Slack
- A bilingual support team is available all day round
- Windows, Android, iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Web-based versions are also available
- Monitoring of traffic in real-time
- Ticketing system with integrated functionality
- Customization to a high degree
- Excellent onboarding that will quickly get you up and running
- Chat history can be accessed for up to 60 days
- Support for several channels is available
- Although there is a free trial option, 14 days is too short in an industry where the standard trial period is 30 days
- When compared to other competitors, it is more expensive
- Charges per user, which will increase the total cost for large businesses
You can choose from four different LiveChat plans. Before committing to one of LiveChat’s premium services, you can take advantage of the 14-day free trial.
- Starter plan: $16 per month (paid annually) or $19 per month (billed monthly)
- Team plan: This package costs $33 per month billed annually, or $39 per month billed monthly
- Business plan: This package costs $50 per month billed annually, or $59 per month billed monthly
- Enterprise plan: This is a plan designed for Fortune 500 firms, and you’ll need to request a call to find out how much this plan costs
LiveAgent is a multichannel support desk solution that includes a built-in live chat feature. It utilizes a mixed ticket stream system that enables you to communicate with customers through all of the standard methods. Each encounter is recorded in the universal inbox as a ticket.
Each ticket can be labeled with a specific wording and color scheme for easy administration and retrieval. When an agent uses a filter, they can quickly locate the chat discussion history.
Depending on the agent’s talents and availability, LiveAgent offers an automated chat distribution system that may be set up in a variety of ways. You can set a limit on the number of chats in the queue to retain an average waiting time.
When the limit is reached, the chat button switches to an offline mode. The offline chat button acts as a pre-chat form, allowing visitors to enter their email addresses and a note, enabling you to contact them once you’re back online.
A real-time type view feature that previews a visitor’s live chat message boosts productivity even more. It enables agents to plan ahead of time and respond to clients as soon as they push submit.
Let’s say you’re interested in determining the total impact of your live chat customer support. In that situation, you can activate the Google Analytics plugin and rapidly evaluate the data for reporting purposes.
LiveAgent currently has over 150 integrations, notable among which are HubSpot, WordPress, and Shopify, with more being added on a regular basis.
- There are over 180 help desk functions and 40 integrations to choose from
- There is no setup fee
- Unlimited email addresses are supported
- There is no need to use a credit card to sign up for the free trial
- Setup service that is completed for you
- Upgrades and Pay-As-You-Go options are available
- There are no contracts in terms of their pricing
- Squarespace, WordPress, and Drupal are all supported by LiveAgent
- Although there is a free trial option, 14 days is too short in an industry where the standard trial period is 30 days
- Only has a basic customer service
- Inadequate reporting
- Charges per user, which will increase the total cost for large businesses
All packages include customer care 24/7, and the program offers a 14-day free trial with no credit card required.
- Free: $0/agent/month
- Ticket: $15/agent/month
- Ticket + Chat: $29/agent/month
- All-inclusive: $39/agent/month
Olark allows you to personalize chat messages by looking at the pages a user has visited and retrieving any previous chats, assuming they chatted before.
When you add the chat tool to certain pages, it can deliver a targeted chat message to the visitor depending on the page they’re on.
It also connects with key corporate tools and platforms such as Salesforce, Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Magento, Slack, and others, and it can be used from practically any iOS or Android smartphone. This is advantageous because it allows you to communicate with customers while being on the move.
Additionally, before a chat begins, Olark captures information from visitors, providing your sales staff with the foundation they need to conduct a fruitful interaction. This will enable you to add unique characteristics like name, email, team size, product preferences, or an issue to the information gathered during pre-chat.
Olark can spread conversations, analyze team performance, and build shortcuts for a common database of scripted responses if you’re in charge of a larger team.
Olark offers a la carte services that you may add to your package with flexible subscriptions, making it cheaper. These expenses can easily pile up, inflating the total cost. Video, chat, SMS, phone help, visitor collaborative browsing, live chat translation, and a dedicated account manager are among the “Power Ups” available.
There are also some useful automation capabilities on the platform. You may automate canned responses, interact with people, and route chats to other departments, among other things.
See Also: 7 Benefits of Building an Email List
- Your chatbox can be added to many websites or subdomains
- You can manage chat boxes on multiple websites from a single account
- Slack, Mailchimp, WordPress, Zendesk, and other major services are all supported
- The searchable chat transcripts are extensive and detailed
- Transcripts can be automatically redacted to remove visitor information
- Use keyboard shortcuts for frequently-used texts to speed up your chat
- The number of integrations is relatively limited
- It was created with small enterprises in mind
If there’s one thing Olark excels at, it’s providing a la carte service.
Olark’s most basic plan starts at $19 per month.
This will provide you with access to Olark’s most basic functions.
Olark Pro is what you’ll need if you desire additional personalization. To upgrade your plan, simply contact their customer service.
UserLike permits visitors to express feedback on service and features, allowing sales staff to create customized discussions. The chat tool converts anonymized data into a contact with a smart persona when a person supplies their email address.
Visitors to the website can also select which department they wish to speak with (sales or service) and specific abilities they require from a representative. If you operate a music store, for example, you might hire a sales representative with prior piano teaching expertise.
If a visitor has previously visited your website and communicated with someone they like, UserLike will allocate the chat to that sales rep. Visitors can instantly make contact with the ideal representative for their needs thanks to these tailored alternatives.
A communication may need to be manually routed, no matter how intelligent the chat routing is. UserLike also provides that service, complete with transcripts, so prospects don’t have to restate their issues.
UserLike also allows you to share your screen and chat with numerous prospects at the same time. HubSpot, Slack, Salesforce, Squarespace, and Mailchimp are just a few of the CRMs and other apps it interfaces with.
- No credit card is required for the free price plan
- It has several widgets
- Desktop, smartphone, and iPad versions are all available
- SMS, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and other communications methods are also supported
- Dropbox, HelpScout, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Salesforce, Zendesk, Slack, Trello, and Asana are just a few of the tools available
- There are a variety of payment options available, including credit card, PayPal, and bank transfer
- Chatbots are included to automate customer service
- There are no setup costs
- The user interface is clumsy. It is not intuitive
- There are no mobile apps for chatting with Android and iOS users while on the go
- There is no way to upload a file or get a transcript of a talk
- Co-browsing and video chat aren’t available as digital consumer engagement solutions
- When contrasted to other chat choices, the fee is a little on the high side
- The free plan comes with a limited selection of options
- Though there is a free trial option, 14 days is too short in an industry where 30-day trials are the norm
UserLike’s chat plugin is built on a freemium business model. You do not need to give your billing information to sign up.
Following your registration, you will be given a 14-day trial to try out the premium version before being automatically switched to a free account.
Then you can choose whether to upgrade to the premium version or continue with the free option.
- This plan only one widget and one user are supported
- $90/month (annual billing)
- $80/month (Bi-annual)
- This comes with four users, four widgets, and one channel are supported with this pricing option
- $290/month (annual billing)
- $256/month (Bi-annual)
- 10 users, 10 widgets, and 3 channels are supported with this pricing option
- $720/month (annual billing)
- $640/month (Bi-annual)
- 20 users, 20 widgets, and 5 channels are supported with this pricing option
SendinBlue is a comprehensive SMS, chatbot, and email marketing platform for businesses. You may also build landing pages, and they are one of the fastest-growing email marketing solutions in the world.
Set up your chatbox on your account, then use a WordPress plugin to integrate it into your website. Its live chat box allows you to personalize and customize it to match the look and feel of your website.
Sendinblue makes it simple to convert website visitors into buyers by allowing you to respond to their last-minute inquiries via live chat. Sendinblue marketing automation interacts with the chat, allowing you to acquire more leads.
It includes email marketing integration, segmentation, Facebook ad retargeting, and total marketing automation.
Email marketing is still the king of return on investment. When you have a live chat widget on your website that provides excellent customer service, it increases your consumers’ willingness to respond to future email communications.
This cost-effective, feature-rich tool is a popular choice among big organizations, which is one of the reasons I think it’s one of the best Shopify live chat applications.
- Low-cost plan
- Respond to questions in real-time via live chat
- Deliverability is excellent
- To create solid customer relationships, you can use personalized communication
- Email automation that works
- It has a landing page editor
- There is an SMS tracking software
- Simple and easy to use
- Keep track of all actions using real-time data
- Facebook ad retargeting via social media
- The free plan has a limited amount of integration
- There is no money-back guarantee
- The free plan includes a limit on how many emails you can send
Sendinblue has four different pricing levels based on how many emails are sent.
- Free plan: This is completely free
- Lite plan: This starts at $25/month
- Premium plan: This starts at $65/month
- Enterprise plan: You will need to contact support to get a quote
6. Pure Chat
Pure Chat is another wonderful option if you’re looking for free live chat software. It allows you to quickly and easily install attractive live chat widgets to your websites, and the free plan allows you to add up to four operators and store an infinite amount of chat history.
It’s a popular choice among small businesses, and it’s a useful tool that includes live chat at no extra charge. It has a lot of useful features and is simple to use.
Its chatbot can also be used to schedule appointments, capture leads, and receive payments. You can control the layout and chats using their powerful dashboard and customizable widget.
It includes mobile apps for both iOS and Android, allowing you to stay in touch with customers on the go. When you’re offline, your customers can shoot you email messages, and a pre-chat form allows you to collect user data so you can contact them later.
Pure Chat offers a 30-day free trial of their live chat software. During this time, you can try out all of the pro features and be able to make a buying decision.
Their subscription plans give you access to extra features like visitor statistics and contact history, which help you learn more about your customers’ experiences and visitor trends.
Pure Chat Pros
- It has a plan that is always free
- Pure Chat comes with several integrations
- There are Android and iOS apps available
- You can try it out for 30 days, and if you don’t like it, you’ll get your money back
- Versions for Windows, Linux, Android, iPhone/iPad, Mac, and the web are also available
- Provides real-time visitors’ analytics
- Comes with an unlimited chat option
Pure Chat Cons
- This chat software does not have the feature that will enable you to attach files
- You won’t be able to tag chats
- The free plan has a limited number of features
Pure Chat Pricing
For the first 30 days of your free trial, you’ll have access to all of the Pro plan’s features. All premium programs come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Monthly billing: starts at $49/month
- Annually billing: starts at $39/month
- Additional Users/Operators (paid monthly): starts at $15/month
- Additional Users/Operators (paid annually): starts at $13/month
- Monthly billing: starts at $99/month
- Annually billing: starts at $79/month
- Additional Users/Operators (paid monthly): starts at $10/month
- Additional Users/Operators (paid annually): starts at $8/month
It should be noted that the major difference between the two pricing plans above only lies in the number of websites allowed (it is one for the Growth plan and unlimited for the Pro plan), users included (it is four for the Growth plan and ten for the Pro plan) and SMS notifications allowed (it is 100 for the Growth plan and 1000 for the Pro plan).
Zendesk offers a full suite of customer service tools, along with a website chat and message system. Advanced tracking and routing features, and also real-time live chat with webpage users are available through their chat application.
This chat software is a large firm with over 4000 workers that was started in 2007 in San Francisco, California.
A few of the world’s most well-known companies, such as Airbnb, Uber, and Shopify, use Zendesk. It started off as a customer service tool and has now grown into a complete lead management and customer service package that includes CRM, email marketing, and live chat.
Zendesk also interfaces with a large number of apps, which is something you should be aware of. Integration with Shopify, WooCommerce, Mailchimp, and even TrustPilot is a breeze. This provides you with a very broad platform for efficiency, as well as full on-demand accessibility.
Clients can be contacted through a variety of channels, including live chat, social media, and telephone. Alternatives include self-service platforms such as community forums and support centers.
Zendesk’s distinctive approach to technology enables you to deliver personal gestures to your customers as your business expands, with a personalized dashboard for agents, AI-powered bots, smart routing, and more.
- It’s easy to use
- On mobile devices, it works well
- Ticket management software that incorporates social media is fantastic
- The new Explore tool offers customizable reports and dashboards, as well as versatile searches
- Options for a successful integration
- Free trial for 30 days
- A price tag that is quite high
- The best features are only available in the higher payment tiers
- Two corporate functions that are lacking are change management and asset management
- The free plan has a time limit
At Zendesk, the pricing model is classed into two, namely
- Zendesk for service
- Zendesk for sales
1. Zendesk for service
- Suite Team: This starts at $49/month
- The Suite Growth: This starts at $79/month
- Suite Professional: This starts at $99/month
- Suite Enterprise: This starts at $150/month
- Customize plan: This starts at $215 per month
2. Zendesk for sales
- Sell Team: This starts at $19/month
- Sell Professional: This starts at $49/month Sell Enterprise: This starts at $99/month
1. What is a live chat and how does it work?
Live chat software is a platform that enables you to provide real-time service via the internet. It provides a convenient navigation menu for your website users to seek immediate help or information. So, inside the live chat session, a site visitor types a message, and a business owner responds.
2. What features should I search for in live chat software?
Extensive analytics and monitoring that enable you to measure critical metrics such as operator actions, visitor information, conversion monitoring, chat history, and average time spent on conversations are just a few of the features you should look for in live chat software.
3. Is the person on live chat real?
The person on the other end of the line is real. Live chats, unlike chatbots, are monitored by customer service representatives who work for an organization that uses the platform. However, some firms choose to hire third-party services to provide live chat services.
If you are still looking for the best live chat software that suits your needs and business, I hope this guide provides an in-depth view of what choice to go with?
There is no best live chat software for a specific business or website. However, the best option for your website depends on what you want your live chat software to accomplish and your budget.
All the live chat software systems featured in this review offer a free trial or the ability to request a free demo. So, if you’re still undecided, take a free trial to see which one aligns with your business needs.
- For the best WordPress live chat software, I recommend LiveChat and Userlike.
- For the best Shopify live chat software, I recommend LiveChat and Olark.
Thanks for taking the time to read this article. Blogamigo is an online resource that provides you with information on the best products and services that can help you succeed with your online business.