Don’t freak out! Yes, the best web hosting services are not hard to come by. I do know that there are various hosting providers, which adds to the whole dilemma.
The best web hosting services serve as the foundation for your website’s web presence, providing it with a permanent home to perform the service or function you desire.
In this post, you’ll discover my suggestions for the best web hosting services available to you. Continue reading for my top options and a quick guide to determining which option is best for you.
Without wasting your time, the best web hosting services are:
- Bluehost (A budget-friendly perfect choice for beginners)
- DreamHost (Your best bet for both VPS and dedicated hosting needs)
- Cloudways (The best cloud hosting provider)
- WP Engine (Want managed hosting services? Go with this hosting provider)
Best Web Hosting Services
Bluehost is a web hosting company that’s been operational since 2003 and today hosts over 2,000,000+ websites. For new websites, they are the most prominent, low-cost hosting choice.
When it pertains to basic shared hosting plans, they are my top recommendation. Their 3-year promotional cost is $2.75/month, which renews at $8.99, and includes features such as a website builder, free domain registration, Joomla, one-click WordPress setup, and Drupal via their control panel.
As a result, this is truly the ideal option to start with. The basic package includes unlimited bandwidth, a free CDN, and 50 GB of SSD storage.
Knowing that Bluehost is one of the inexpensive solutions on the market, I’m glad to note that they don’t skimp on key security features and settings.
Bluehost already adds a free SSL certificate with their most basic hosting service. You’ll also receive access to fantastic features like a one-click WordPress install, a free CDN (Cloudflare), more eCommerce plugins, and CMS connections.
Domain privacy protection, the Spam Experts add-on, and server backups are included in higher-tier services.
On all plans, Bluehost provides 24/7 live customer assistance, a free one-year domain, custom themes, and free email addresses. It’s incredibly user-friendly, and it’s definitely the greatest entry-level web hosting company in terms of reliability and security.
All of their hosting packages include a 30-day money-back guarantee and are quickly enabled, allowing you to get started right away.
- Beginners will like the low entrance price
- It’s easy to use
- Free Cloudflare
- Servers with a High-Performance Capacity
- Two-factor authentication
- One-year free domain name
- $150 for Google ads
- SSL certificate for free
- It comes highly recommended by WordPress
- Excellent customer service
- Money-back guarantee
- One free website migration is available
- Storage on Solid State Drives (SSDs)
- Hosting options that can be scaled
- There is no cloud hosting available
- There is no Windows hosting available
- Increased renewal rates
- Automatic backups are not available for free
- The cost of registering a domain is non-refundable
- Confusing pricing
In terms of pricing, Bluehost offers five distinct hosting plans, namely:
- Shared web hosting
- VPS hosting
- WordPress hosting
- Managed WordPress hosting
- Dedicated server hosting
1. Shared web hosting
Bluehost shared hosting plans cost $2.75 to $13.95 per month and include unlimited bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, 50 GB to infinite SSD storage space, and 24/7 customer service.
2. Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
Bluehost VPS hosting plans cost $18.99 to $59.99 per month and include 1 to 3 TB of bandwidth, 2 to 8 GB of RAM, 30 GB to 120 GB of SSD storage, and 2 to 4 cores.
3. WordPress hosting
Bluehost WordPress hosting plans cost $2.75 to $5.45 per month and include unlimited bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, 50 GB to infinite SSD disk space, and 24/7 customer support.
4. Managed WordPress hosting
Bluehost managed WordPress hosting options start at $9.95 per month and include free SSL, 50k to 500k bandwidth, 20 GB to 80 GB of disk storage, and a staging area.
5. Dedicated server hosting
Bluehost dedicated hosting plans cost $79.99 to $119.99 per month and provide root access, 4 GB to 16 GB of RAM, 3 to 5 dedicated IPs, 500 GB to 1000 GB of disk space, 5 TB to 15 TB of bandwidth, and 4 to 8 CPU threads.
DreamHost has a fantastic monthly price, as well as excellent hosting performance. Their monthly rates begin at $3.95 per month. This package comes with one website and unlimited traffic, as well as a free SSL certificate, which is a wonderful bargain.
If you want to save even more cost, their 1-year, and 3-year hosting plans begin at $2.49/month, which is still a great deal even if it isn’t the cheapest around.
Ultimately, their monthly pricing makes them an excellent option for people who are unsure about committing to a longer-term contract for whatever reason.
DreamHost sticks out in the manner they manage their web hosts, in addition to their low costs. They don’t use the same cPanel as the majority of web hosting. DreamHost, on the other hand, provides a completely customized control panel for managing your website.
With so much customization, there’s a catch: it’s considerably more difficult to move away from DreamHost. Migrating to DreamHost, on the other hand, is now easier than ever.
With their free migration plugin, you may transfer in only a few clicks. If you manage a nonprofit, I strongly advise you to use DreamHost. For 501(c)(3) organizations, they provide one free unlimited shared hosting package.
DreamHost is another of WordPress’s three recommended hosts, and its simplest shared plans feature managed WordPress hosting.
It does, however, provide an industry-leading free trial period, which is a full 97-day money-back guarantee and straightforward pricing that does not escalate after your existing deal.
Since DreamHost does not offer promotional pricing, the price will not increase once your first contract expires. This is one of the most affordable hosting plans available, making it an excellent choice for anyone trying to stretch their budget as far as possible.
Customer service is a little different: email is open 24 hours a day, while live chat is only available during business hours. You must pay an extra $9.95 for technical support over the phone.
- Unlimited SSD Storage
- Free domain included
- Possibility of hosting an unlimited number of websites
- Subdomains are unlimited
- Whois privacy and a free domain
- Installation of software with a single click
- Unlimited bandwidth
- SSL certificate for free
- There is a live chat option available
- Guaranteed uptime of 100 percent
- Unlimited MySQL databases
- WordPress website builder
- WordPress.org recommended hosting
- 97 Day Money Back Guarantee
- 100% in-house customer service team
- cPanel is currently unavailable
- Many of the DreamHost dashboard’s features aren’t free
- There is no phone help available
- Additional fees are required for their WordPress hosting
- The wait for live chat help might be quite significant at times
DreamHost offers six different hosting plans, which are as follows:
1. Shared web hosting
Shared hosting options from DreamHost vary from $2.59 to $3.95 per month and include unlimited bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, free SSD storage space, and free automated WordPress migrations.
2. Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting
VPS hosting plans from DreamHost range in price from $10 to $80 per month and include unlimited bandwidth, 1 GB to 8 GB of RAM, 30 GB to 240 GB of SSD storage, and unlimited email addresses.
3. Managed WordPress hosting
DreamHost managed WordPress hosting plans cost $16.95 to $71.95 per month and include unlimited email, unmetered bandwidth, 30 GB to 120 GB of SSD storage, and a 1-click staging area.
4. Dedicated server hosting
Root access, 4GB to 16GB of RAM, 1TB to 2TB of HHD space, and 4 to 12 core processors are available with DreamHost dedicated hosting plans ranging from $149/month to $279/month.
5. Cloud hosting
Things start to get a little more intricate with DreamHost’s cloud hosting. It has two cloud hosting plans, namely:
This cloud hosting plan has 512MB to 8GB of RAM, 80 GB of SSD disk space, and 1 to 4 vCPU and costs $4.50 to $48.00 per month.
This cloud hosting plan has 40 GB to 20840 GB of SSD disk space and costs $0.95 to $299.95 per month.
6. WooCommerce hosting
DreamHost offers WooCommerce hosting plans that range from $16.95 to $71.95 per month and include unlimited email, pre-installed WooCommerce, and storefront themes, unmetered bandwidth, 30 GB to 120 GB of SSD storage, and a WP website builder.
Cloudways is a cloud-based solution that offers bloggers fully managed WordPress hosting. It’s ideal for you if you don’t want to dive into the nitty-gritty of jobs like server management.
One of its strongest features is its ease of use, which makes it one of the top web hosting providers for bloggers with little or no technical skills.
A unique aspect of Cloudways is that it allows you to choose from five best-in-class cloud providers, including;
- Google Cloud
This allows them to serve a wide spectrum of consumers with various budgets.
Cloudways also provides managed cloud hosting for a variety of apps, including WooCommerce, WordPress, Magento, and other PHP-based applications.
Cloudways provides a multi-channel support service to help you set up, launch, manage, run, and coordinate your website properly.
Thanks to its huge knowledge base, you’ll be able to explore pretty much everything from application administration to server deployment at the very least.
You can also reach out to Cloudways’ team of experts directly for help. Phone calls are the favored way of interaction due to their convenience.
Cloudways understands the importance of confidentiality and security. As a result, they provide two-factor authentication as an additional security measure.
Unlike other systems that allow you to log in with simply your password, Cloudways goes one step further and sends you a one-time password. This two-factor authentication solution stops hackers from gaining access to your website.
The platform’s adaptability includes the capacity to scale to meet your growing demands, even if they do so quickly.
You’ll have on-demand capabilities as you employ the platforms’ upward scalability. With Cloudways’ vertical scaling, you can easily increase the size of your server with their user-friendly panel.
Cloudways needs to be at the top of your list of possibilities if you’re seeking a cloud hosting platform that offers the greatest plans in terms of both performance and affordability.
- SSL certificates are available for free
- There are numerous support options available
- Automatic backups are performed
- Two-factor authentication
- Maximum uptime is guaranteed
- Try it for free
- Staging area
- Vertical scalability
- Pricing is based on a pay-as-you-go system
- There are over 70+ data center locations
- SSD based hosting
- Offsite backups are available for a charge
- Neither cPanel nor Plesk is currently accessible
- The cost of email hosting is not covered
- There are no free domains available
- This isn’t a viable solution for small websites
The pricing options available at Cloudways are dependent on the hosting server you select. Cloudways has five different servers to choose from, each with its own set of price options.
We’ll look at the web host’s hosting options and how much it costs for each data server in this Cloudways price research.
1. DigitaOcean Data Centers (Recommended Plan)
The pricing for this plan costs $10 to $80 per month, with 1 TB to 5 TB of bandwidth, 1 to 4 core processors, and 25 GB to 160 GB of disk space.
2. Linode Data Centers
The pricing for this plan costs $12 to $90 a month and includes 1 to 5 TB of bandwidth, 1 to 4 core processors, and 25 GB to 160 GB of storage.
3. Vultr Data Centers
The pricing for this plan ranges from $11 to $84 and includes 1 to 4 core processors, 1 to 5 TB of bandwidth, and 25 GB to 160 GB of storage capacity.
4. Amazon Web Services (AWS) Data Centers
The pricing for this plan varies from $36.51 to $274.33 per month for 20 GB storage capacity, and 2 GB bandwidth.
5. Google Cloud Data Centers
The pricing for this plan varies from $33.18 to $225.93 per month for 20 GB disk space, 1 to 4 vCPU, and 2 GB bandwidth.
4. WP Engine
WP Engine provides a full WordPress managed service that can assist you with updates, setup, security, troubleshooting, speed optimization, and much more.
Much of this is undetectable to the end-user, as it should be for a well-managed service. You won’t have to worry about WordPress updates, for example, because WP Engine will take care of them. Not just when they’re launched, like many other hosts: the company thoroughly tests them first to ensure they don’t cause any issues.
Many essential extras are included with the robust WP Engine framework. A staging area allows you to work on a replica of your website without affecting the live site, which is ideal for testing new plugins, themes, or anything else.
This kind of power doesn’t come cheap. WP Engine’s most basic plan is $30 per month, which is more than three times the cost of the affordable competition.
WP Engine is a managed WordPress host that only serves WordPress users, thus its entire technology can be tailored to WordPress. Your website will load lightning fast, there will be almost no downtime, and many maintenance duties will be handled automatically.
The fact of the matter is that WP Engine is the way to go if you want a lightning-fast site with everything taken care of automatically.
Customer service is equally laser-focused on WordPress, resulting in extremely qualified and educated support employees available via logged tickets and live chat 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
WP Engine Pros
- Backups and plug-in updates are performed automatically every day
- You are secure and safe with WP Engine security
- WP Engine’s servers are optimized specifically for WordPress websites, resulting in quick loading times
- Malware scanning and firewall protection
- Site staging is a standard functionality
- The WP Engine’s patented front-end layer technology is exceptionally capable of handling the rapid increase in traffic.
- Money-back guarantee for 60 days
- WP Engine’s WordPress Expert Support team is exceptionally competent in resolving your questions at any time
- Consistently delivers great results
- The procedure of managing your website has been simplified
WP Engine Cons
- If you’re using WP Engine to host your site, there’s a list of plugins that you can’t use
- Every plan includes a traffic cap
- WP Engine is pricier than some other hosting services
- There are only managed hosting plans available
WP Engine Pricing
While WP Engine only provides one type of service: managed WordPress hosting, it does provide a variety of tiered packages.
These packages differ substantially in terms of the number of resources they provide and the number of sites they support, implying that you’ll be getting a highly scalable service.
1. Managed hosting
WP Engine’s managed hosting plans start at $25 per month and include 50 GB to 500 GB of bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, 10 GB to 50 GB of disk space, and free automated migrations.
2. Managed hosting plus
WP Engine’s managed hosting plus plans cost $28.33 to $258.33 per month and feature 50 GB to 500 GB of bandwidth, 1 to 30 sites, a free SSL certificate, 10 GB to 50 GB of disk space, and free automated migrations.
3. Secure hosting
WP Engine’s secure hosting plans start at $39.75 per month and include 50 GB to 500 GB of bandwidth, a free SSL certificate, 10 GB to 50 GB of disk space, and free automated migrations.
4. Ecommerce hosting
WP Engine’s ecommerce hosting plans cost $27.00 to $262.50 per month and feature 50 GB to 500 GB of bandwidth, 1 to 30 sites, a free SSL certificate, 10 GB to 50 GB of disk space, and free automated migrations.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What exactly is web hosting?
Web hosting is a service that allows individuals and businesses to make their websites or web pages available on the Internet.
A web hosting company is an organization that is in charge of delivering the infrastructure and technologies that allow a website or webpage to be viewed over the Internet.
Websites are hosted or saved on servers, which are special computer networks, in web hosting services.
The phrase “web hosting” usually refers to a company that leases out its computer/servers to host your website and also provides Internet access so that other people can peruse the files and documents on your website.
2. What are some of the advantages of having a website?
The following are some of the benefits of web hosting that we hope will urge you to immediately join up with a web host.
- Branding on the internet
- It opens up the possibility of attracting local clients
- You’ll be able to use a custom domain email address
- It leads to a decluttering of the workspace
3. What are some of the drawbacks of web hosting?
Every endeavor in life comes with a cost, and web hosting services are no exception.
While web hosting has some limitations, unless you are really cautious, you may not notice them.
What’s the reason?
Web hosts excel at marketing if there’s one thing they’re good at.
As a result, do your research to avoid becoming a victim of one of the following web hosting flaws:
- There are certain unadvertised hidden costs to be aware of
- It is pricey to get started
- Security flaws
- Limited unlimited with web hosting features
- To get started with any web hosting service, you’ll need some level of technical knowledge
4. What are the different types of web hosting services?
There are numerous options available when it comes to web hosting. A list of some of the most well-known web hosting services follows.
- Shared Web Hosting
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting
- Dedicated Web Server Hosting
- Cloud Hosting
- Managed WordPress Hosting
- Reseller Hosting
5. What are the factors to consider before selecting a web hosting service?
Since there are both vertical and horizontal variables in the web hosting arena, choosing the best web hosting provider can be a difficult undertaking.
There is vertical variation in the number of web hosting providers available, as well as horizontal variation in the hosting plans offered by each of the various web hosting firms.
With that in mind, what aspects should be examined while selecting a web hosting service? The following suggestions will be useful:
- Guaranteed uptime
- Root access functionality
- Average page load time
- Site and server protection
- Customer service quality
- Email hosting feature
- A user-friendly hosting control panel
- Operating system type
- Renewal cost and current pricing
- A free domain name is available
- Staging website
- Storage and bandwidth
- SSL certificate availability
- Refund options
- Tools for domain management
- The location of the web host’s server
- Website backup feature
6. How can I keep my hosting account safe?
Knowing that your web hosting server is where your website files and documents are kept. As a result, it’s critical that you safeguard your web hosting account.
The easiest strategies to protect your WordPress hosting account is to use a strong password and avoid checking in from public locations unless you’re using a VPN.
There are a plethora of web hosting services available online, but choosing the best web hosting services requires careful consideration of your needs and the features offered by the service.
The foundation of your website’s performance is web hosting. If you are a novice with a limited budget and are looking for a web host with shared hosting capabilities, I recommend Bluehost.
My additional suggestions are as follows:
- DreamHost: If you need a dedicated or virtual private server, here is the place to go
- Cloudways: If what you are looking for is a cloud hosting provider
- WP Engine: This is best for managed WordPress hosting, this is the best option
However, there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution that caters to the needs of every website in every circumstance.
I hope this advice helps you locate the finest website hosting provider for your needs, whether you’re looking for the cheapest hosting plan, the most robust services, or something specific that matches your small business.