Are you seeking for the best WordPress giveaway and contest plugins to use on your website to execute viral campaigns?
It might be challenging to come up with innovative and efficient techniques to improve traffic and engagement when you’re running an online business. Running a contest is one approach you can use to draw attention and increase interactions across your existing audience.
There are numerous plugins available. However, choosing the proper tool might be challenging because most of them are challenging to use, lack customization possibilities, and are confusing.
In this article, I’ll be reviewing some of the best WordPress giveaway and contest plugins to run a viral giveaway online.
Let’s get started…
- Simple Giveaways
- WP Contest Creator
- WP Contest
10 Best WordPress Giveaway and Contest Plugins
RafflePress is the most popular WordPress giveaway plugin. It enables you to quickly and easily launch viral giveaways and contests on your website.
It integrates with most email marketing platforms, allowing you to expand your mailing list.
You can also link it with major social media networks to increase your website traffic and gain more followers through various social sharing activities.
RafflePress includes a drag-and-drop giveaway builder that makes it simple to create viral contests rapidly. It also comes with built-in templates to help you create giveaways even faster.
The plugin also allows you to post your contest on your social media platforms, the refer-a-friend giveaway function allows you to take advantage of word-of-mouth promotion. This increases engagement and attracts a large number of new visitors to your site.
RafflePress is compatible with most WordPress plugins, social media platforms, CRM software, and lead generation tools.
The plugin several features which also include fraud protection, email verification, retargeting, social logins, a prize gallery, performance tracking, giveaway landing pages, and a lot more.
The giveaway works just as well on smartphones as it does on computers. You can also completely personalize the giveaway by using your own images, fonts, and colors.
RafflePress integrates seamlessly with email marketing systems such as Constant Contact, MailChimp, AWeber, Active Campaign, Drip, and others.
- Offers lifetime plan
- Integrates with Zapier
- Fraud protection and 1-click entry
- It is mobile responsive
- Ability to create a giveaway landing page
- Integrates with major social media channels
- Integrates with multiple email marketing tools
- The free version has limited features
The plugin has both free premium versions, you can download the free version from the WordPress directory. RafflePress has three pricing.
- Plus plan: cost $199.20 (lifetime plan) or $39.20/year access to one site
- Pro plan: cost $279.20 (lifetime plan) or $79.20/year access to three sites
- Growth plan: cost $359.20 (lifetime plan) or $159.20/year access to 20 sites and Zapier
KingSumo is a referral marketing and premium giveaway platform that will help you significantly expand your email list.
This plugin’s main benefit, in addition to its simple and responsive User Interface, is that it allows you to create a contest in under a minute.
You can promote your contest through your social media, website, and email once it’s ready. You get another chance to grow your subscriber list every time your visitors share your contest.
Visitors can enter your contest through a variety of methods, including subscribing to a podcast, watching a YouTube video, visiting a link, and more.
Rather than trying to reach out to numerous platforms, its features are targeted toward growing your mailing list and utilizing a Zapier integration to connect to more places. KingSumo also offers a lightning-quick setup and great customer service.
The plugin has one of the easiest user interfaces, and you can create a giveaway in less than 60 seconds.
- You can schedule when your giveaways will start and end
- You can create any giveaway type
- Only have a lifetime plan
- It is easy to setup
- Offers 60 days cash refund
- Limited feature in the free plan
- There is no verification for extra contest entry
- Web app free plan: free
- Web app pro plan: cost $49 access to unlimited giveaways
- Personal license plan: cost $198 access to one site license
- Developer license plan: cost $594 access to unlimited sites license
Gratisfaction will enable you to host an unlimited number of competitions and increase user engagement. The most major benefit of this plugin is that it can be completed with the least amount of time and money.
This plugin is ideal for running refer-a-friend campaigns, holiday giveaways, instant win campaigns, and contests in a matter of minutes. Additionally, when you create an account, you will receive 20% lifetime commissions.
Gratisfaction also allows you to quickly create and run your own point-based contests, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, giveaways, and more. You can reward visitors with points for each purchase, which they can subsequently exchange for a reward.
It also includes several widgets that you can activate and deactivate as needed. You can also promote your contests on websites and social media. You’ll be able to add widgets and adjust the colors to improve the overall campaign.
- Free plan
- Email and eCommerce integrations
- Unlimited usage
- Unlimited campaigns
- Run a variety of contests
- Simple and easy to setup
- Does not offer a money back
- It’s not compatible with WooCommerce
Gratisfaction pricing varies depending on the number of users.
This is also a cost-effective approach to try out new tools because of the pricing. For up to 100 users, Gratisfaction is free.
- $13.97/month (annual billing) or $19.95/month for 500 users
- $27.30/month (annual billing) or $39.00/month for 2000 users
- $55.30/month (annual billing) or $79.00/month for 5000 users
- $125.30/month (annual billing) or $179.000/month for 10000 users
- $171.50/month (annual billing) or $245.00/month for 15000 users
- $209.30/month (annual billing) or $299.00/month for 25000 users
- $279.300/month (annual billing) or $399.00/month for Gratisfaction unlimited users
Gleam is a popular giveaway plugin for WordPress websites. Webmasters can conduct contest and referral marketing campaigns using it as a SaaS (Software as a Service) tool.
Although the giveaway platform is incredibly powerful, the user interface for creating a giveaway is not user-friendly for beginners. There’s a quick wizard that walks you through connecting your social profiles, email service, and choosing actions for eligible entries.
You’ll be given a code snippet to place in a WordPress page or post where you want to add the sweepstakes once you’ve finished creating it.
Gleam also offers a unique giveaway landing page on their site that you can use to promote your contest on social media.
All of your contest information is saved on the Gleam site, and user data export options are limited. To remove their logo and branding from your campaigns, you’ll need to upgrade to the premium plan.
You can run fair and easy competitions with verified activity, built-in viral sharing options, and 1-click actions. You can also use Gleem to reward your visitors for completing a specific activity with coupons or contests.
Gleam verifies each activity you create and keeps track of whether or not individuals complete any tasks in your offer, unlike other social media contest platforms.
This helps you receive verified information while also saving you time by removing the need to filter through entries that do not satisfy all of the standards. Gleam does, however, have significant restrictions.
- Up to 25 distinct languages are supported
- Fraud detection
- Mobile-friendly widgets
- Verification of participation through email
- Winners can be easily displayed
- Inform participants of their progress through email
- Limited reporting and data analytics
- For social media integration, it only integrates with Instagram
Gleam provides four different apps; you can pay for the ones you use individually or obtain a bundle deal to save money. The full package plan has three pricing tier, which includes:
- Pro plan: cost $948/year or $97/month
- Business plan: cost $3588/year or $397/month
- Premium plan: cost $8988/year or $997/month
Another nice option for creating a contest on your WordPress website is Simple Giveaways. It comes with a minimal free version, but to get the most out of it, you’ll need to pay for the plugin.
Using its simple interface, you can design your contest. You can use the plugin to create numerous options for people to enter the contest.
It allows you to combine Twitter, Facebook, a few email marketing platforms, as well as other WordPress plugins; however, it has restricted entry possibilities. It also offers basic tracking statistics for your contest, as well as fraud security with Match CAPTCHA.
You can also include cool features in your contests and prizes. With this user-friendly plugin, you will be notified of your entry via email and help you to keep track of participants, set up sharing and referral features.
Your giveaways and contest will operate properly on any portion of your website, whether its sidebars, widget areas, dedicated pages, and articles, without creating a substantial loss in load speed and user responsiveness.
You can even conduct contests on a different page, which will create extra traffic, thanks to the shortcodes and widgets. Each giveaway and contest will be displayed in its own template, speeding up the loading process.
Simple Giveaways Pros
- Integrate with email marketing services
- Compatible with social media channels
- You set up your giveaway form
- Subscribers can be exported as a CSV file
Simple Giveaways Cons
- Free plan with limited options
- Its integration with social media channel is limited
Simple Giveaways Pricing
Simple Giveaways has two pricing plans and a free plan. It also offers 30-days no-risk money back.
- Premium plan: cost $49.99/year
- Business plan: cost $69.99/year
Rafflecopter is a famous giveaway and contest plugin that can be used on a variety of websites. Since it’s SaaS software, you’ll need to use a code snippet to add the giveaway and contest widget to your WordPress site.
It integrates with key social media networks and operates with all leading email marketing systems. Rafflecopter also has opportunities for polls, refer-a-friend, and surveys.
With your own graphics and background, you can simply customize the look of the giveaway widget.
You’ll also gain access to real-time analytics, which will allow you to keep track of your campaign’s progress while it runs. This provides you all the data you require to make the necessary adjustments.
RafflePress, unlike other giveaway and contest plugins, allows you to simply change the style of your raffle with point-and-click options. You can choose between two widget styles, change the button color, change the typefaces, and add photos of your giveaway item.
Rafflecopter’s free plan is limited, so you’ll need to subscribe to one of its premium plans to get the best out of it.
The great news is that RafflePress is fully mobile-friendly, so your contests will look fantastic on any device.
- Unlimited entries
- It’s a breeze to get about
- Unlimited giveaways
- Options for free-form entry
- Supports popular eCommerce platforms
- No email list integration on the free plan
Rafflecopter has a free plan, however, if you want access to more features, you can check out any of the premium plans.
- Basic plan: cost $13/month
- Grow plan: cost $43/month
- Premiumplan: cost $84/month
Another alternative for adding giveaway competitions to your WordPress site is WP Contest Creator. It allows you to connect to various email providers and generate various social engagements that will earn you more entries.
It also enables you to send emails to visitors that enter your giveaway automatically. You can use these emails to inform recipients on how they might improve their chances of winning
You can make your giveaway and contest more gamified by providing a scoreboard of contestants with the highest scores entry.
It also has some design options, although they aren’t as straightforward as the other ones on the list. The plugin’s back-end is also a little complex, making it tough to use for beginners.
WP Contest Creator differs from the other alternatives on this list in how it operates. Instead of charging you for a pre-made premium plugin, the developers create one for you from the ground up, using the base plugin as a starting point.
You’ll explain your requirements to the developers and answer any queries they may have. Following that, you’ll get a quote for your custom WordPress sweepstakes plugin.
WP Contest Creator Pros
- Integrates with most email marketing service
- Offers design options
- It’s simple to integrate into a new or current WordPress website
WP Contest Creator Cons
- Limited feature
- It may be complicated for beginners
WP Contest Creator Pricing
For pricing, you will need to send your contest description to the WP Contest Creator sales team.
Woorise is one of the best giveaway and contest WordPress plugins. You can make attractive giveaways and contests using its customization features.
It’s more than a platform for contests. Other sorts of campaigns, such as surveys and quizzes, are also possible.
You can choose from a variety of pre-designed templates and layouts for your contest. It also has a drag-and-drop builder that makes creating a giveaway competition simple for anyone.
Woorise also includes social activities to boost followers and engagement, as well as the ability to create surveys, polls, quizzes, form, and mobile-friendly contest widgets.
Woorise allows you to track campaign results using analytics, narrow down your contest to specific nations, and integrate with email marketing systems such as Mailchimp.
It also aids in the export of contest data to CSV files and the creation of freebies in other languages.
- Fast and lightweight
- Mobile responsive
- Support Google Analytics
- It supports a multilingual option
- Compatible with GDPR
- Offers unlimited campaigns
- Supports multiple payment gateways
- Integrates with Zapier and multiple email marketing tool
- Does not offer a money back
- It’s not compatible with WooCommerce
The plugin has three pricing tiers as well as a free plan. Woorise plans include:
- Free plan: completely free and access to 500 entries/month and email support
- Basic plan: cost $23/month (annual billing) or $29/month access to 2,000 entries/month
- Grow plan: cost $39/month (annual billing) or $49/month access to 5,000 entries/month
- Pro plan: cost $79/month (annual billing) or $99/month access to unlimited entries/month
Agorapulse is primarily a social media management plugin. However, it has a fantastic function for running Facebook contests. Facebook Constant App is the name given to this feature.
You can use the tool to build a variety of social media freebies, as well as quizzes and visually appealing photo contests.
Agorapulse’s primary features include the ability to choose a winner at random among those who commented and liked on your post, as well as thorough metrics for tracking ROI and interaction.
If you want a marketing management tool as well as a Facebook contest platform, this is a viable option.
- Supports major social media channels
- Offers 30 days free trial
- Analytics reporting
- Multiple customer support
- It has multiple integrations
- Intuitive interface and easy to use
- Google My Business and Pinterest aren’t integrated
- There is no RSS feed to pull content into the system automatically
- There are no chatbots available, and the platform does not integrate with support desk or online review systems
Agorapulse has three pricing plans and a 30 days free trial.
- Pro plan: cost $79/month (annual billing) or $99/month 2 users and 10 social profiles
- Premium plan: cost $159/month (annual billing) or $199/month access to 4 users and 25 social profiles
- Enterprise plan: customized plan, you need to contact the sales team for pricing. It offers access to 8+ users and 40+ social profiles
10. WP Contest
WP Contest is a multi-purpose plugin with a simple setup that enables you to conduct your giveaway and contest on your WordPress site. You can create your first contest after installing the plugin. Just fill out the contest settings, and invite entrants to participate in your contest. Your judges can also log in to see and vote on your work.
You won’t have to limit participants to jpg entries with WP Contest; you can allow them to submit whatever file type and link. This is ideal for film, web design or online design competitions. You can incorporate a preliminary elimination round in addition to the traditional vote round.
WP Contest is a flexible plugin that allows you to run your contest from your WordPress site with its simple setup.
WP Contest allows you to create and run unlimited contests. The contest settings allow you to turn contests on or off, restrict submissions to users registered as contestants, or open to any logged-in user. A “Contestant” user role is generated automatically when you install the plugin.
The plugin allows you to set an entry fee, or make your contest free to enter, a max upload limit and max number of entries for your contest. You can create unlimited entry categories and customize submission fields.
WP Contest Pros
- Easy to set up
- The premium plan unlimited active contest
WP Contest Cons
- The free plan offers a limited feature
WP Contest Pricing
WP Contest has both free and a premium plugin, the premium plugin costs $99 with an unlimited active contest, contestant, and judge accounts.
Frequent Asked Questions
1. What method is used to gather contest entries?
The data are gathered using a referral system. Visitors who sign up for the giveaway will receive a sharing link. When a new visitor subscribes to the contest after clicking on the shared link, the person who shared the link will receive a bonus entry point.
2. How can I create contest pages?
You can create a contest page by adding shortcodes from the plugin to your pages. You can also specify the contest’s ID in the plugin if you’re running numerous competitions.
3. How do you choose a winner of a prize draw?
When you’re ready to terminate your prize draw, go to the entries admin page and click the “Pick a Winner” button if the prize draw requires a valid answer. One of the right entries will be chosen as the winner.
If the prize draw does not need a correct response, then you can opt to have the system select a winner automatically or manually from the admin submissions page. The winner’s information will be presented on the administrator entries page after a winner has been chosen.
4. What information will I get for each entrant?
Full name, date of birth, email address, entry type, entry information, action and entries worth, time, IP address, and country will be sent to you.
And there you have it. Hopefully, this article has assisted you in determining the best giveaway and contest WordPress plugin for your requirements and ruining a viral giveaway.
You can organize giveaway competitions on your WordPress site using any of the methods listed above. They differ in terms of simplicity of use, features, speed, privacy, and cost, among other things.
Contests can be a great method to get people interested in your website. Setting one up, on the other hand, is a lot easier when you have the right tool to help with the heavy lifting. You can choose the ideal plugin to assist you to achieve your goal by learning more about some of the greatest competitors on the market.
As we’ve seen, there is a plethora of WordPress contest plugins available for creating a successful online giveaway. Each one is suited to a different set of requirements and objectives.
RafflePress is the best alternative for someone who needs a comprehensive and extensive contest plugin that is dedicated to everything connected to running competitions on WordPress and has a reasonable budget.
Blogamigo is an online resource that offers helpful information on the best blogging tools for growing your site.