Search Engine Optimization (SEO) can be overwhelming for beginners, however, it does not have to be. You can easily improve the quantity and quality of your website traffic by using any of the best WordPress SEO plugins that will be considered in this article.
An SEO plugin gives you the tools and features that you need to optimize your website performance. In this article, I have compiled a list of the five best SEO WordPress plugins that you can use to achieve your SEO goals.
All five SEO plugins in this article are ideal for any WordPress site and they will help you boost engagement and increase targeted traffic.
Here are the WordPress SEO plugins that we will consider in this article:
- Yoast SEO: It improves SEO by assisting in creating better content and optimizing websites.
- Rank Math: A simple SEO tool that gives you full control over your website’s on-page SEO optimization.
- SEOPress: A beginner-friendly SEO plugin that is easy to install and set up.
- All-In-One SEO: Ideal for experienced SEO experts that need a comprehensive plugin to improve their company’s SEO efforts.
- WP Rocket: A simple solution for increasing website speed.
5 Best WordPress SEO Plugins
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is the most popular WordPress SEO plugin. It helps to improve WordPress SEO by creating better content and optimizing the website. The plugin has many features that help you get the best result from your SEO strategy, such as:
- Page analysis tool
- XML sitemaps functionality
- Technical WordPress SEO
When you want to carry out page analysis, it is important to know what you are doing. Yoast SEO helps in putting you on the right path.
For instance, Yoast SEO can scan your page for images and ensure that each of the images has an alt tag that aligns with the main keyword you’re targeting in the post. It also checks your content for its length and confirms if your meta description is SEO-friendly.
The plugin helps you know if you have done the right thing. If you don’t see a green checkmark for a particular line, you can easily solve the issue before you publish the content.
Yoast SEO gives you the guidance you need with each aspect of your website’s SEO. Its simple and detailed approach to SEO will give you the result you want.
Yoast SEO Pros
- It is accessible and user-friendly.
- Yoast SEO works effectively as an SEO proofreader.
- The plugin helps you know the issues with your content (such as SEO and readability scores, long sentences, grammatical errors, passive constructions, etc.).
- It protects your RSS feed from content scrapers.
- The tool helps you include the right quantity of keywords in your content.
Yoast SEO Cons
- It is not good at understanding intent.
- You can spend a lot of time removing words that may not be relevant in the final search scores given by the dynamic search engines’ algorithm.
Yoast SEO has one free plan and one paid plan as shown below:
- Free version: This allows you to optimize for one keyword.
- Paid: Costs $89 per year (tax inclusive). It has all the functionalities you need for a positive SEO result.
2. Rank Math
Rank Math has all you need to take full control of your website’s on-page SEO. The tool, which combines the features of many SEO plugins that you might be using on your WordPress website, allows you to manage all the features in a single, lightweight plugin.
The WordPress SEO plugin allows you to easily manage the on-page SEO of your blog posts, web pages, and products. You can also control the meta tags of your website posts and content. It integrates with the Google Search console to equip you with essential information (such as the keywords you’re ranking for, the number of impressions your website receives, the errors Google sees on your website, and lots more) inside your WordPress admin dashboard.
In addition, Rank Math has an inbuilt 404 Monitor, Rich Snippets, XML Sitemaps, Redirections, Local SEO, Automated Image SEO, and Internal Link Building recommendations amongst others.
Here are some great features of Rank Math:
- It contains all you need for your SEO strategy.
- Each post, web page, and product run is analyzed by an SEO Analysis tool using 40 factors.
- It has a clean user interface with options that are easy to understand.
- You can automatically add alt or title tags to the images that don’t have them.
- It has an inbuilt 404 Monitor that shows you areas where users see errors.
- The plugin has a Redirection module that allows you to redirect 404 errors to useful pages on your website.
- Rank Math is bundled with XML Sitemap. It also automatically pings search engines whenever you make any changes in your blog posts.
- The Rich Snippets feature allows you to choose from 6 types of snippets such as Article, Recipes, Product, Local Business, Events, and Video.
- It also contains Breadcrumbs.
- The plugin is bundled with Open Graph and Twitter Card.
Rank Math Pros
- It is 100% free to use
- The plugin is lightweight.
- It is user-friendly and fast.
- Rank Math features a 404 and redirection manager.
- The plugin is bundled with Rich Snippets support.
- It is integrated with Google Search Console.
- It has the best user interface and user experience.
- The tool is bundled with SEO and content audit.
- You can optimize up to 5 keywords.
- It offers great customer support and has a great community.
- You can use it to replace about 5 to 6 existing SEO plugins.
- It is compatible with all themes.
- You can use it to import data from other WordPress SEO plugins.
Rank Math Cons
- The plugin does not allow you to revert to the old SEO plugin.
- Its documentation is not as detailed as that of Yoast.
- In some cases, its SEO settings are complicated to understand.
- It has compatibility problems with older plugins.
Rank Math has both free and paid plans. Listed below are the paid plans:
- Pro: Costs $59 per year. It can be used for unlimited personal websites and can be used to track about 500 keywords.
- Business: Costs $199 per year. It can be used for unlimited personal and client websites and can also be used to track about 10,000 keywords.
They offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
This WordPress SEO plugin is ideal for beginners. It is a simple, fast, and powerful SEO plugin that will make it easy for you to make your content SEO-friendly. Its installation wizard makes it easy for users to install and set up the plugin.
Apart from the fact that it’s suitable for beginners, it also has content analysis with unlimited keywords for users using the free version. This makes it affordable and inclusive.
SEOPress has the following features:
- Twitter card (for improving social sharing)
- Google knowledge graph
- Customizable URL rewrite
- Video and image sitemap
- Meta title/ description
- It supports custom posts.
- The plugin offers a WooCommerce integration
- It has Google-structured data.
- SEOPress works perfectly for Google Local Business.
- It has a Google XML video sitemap.
It is a newcomer in the WordPress SEO plugin market. However, that shouldn’t deter you. It is the best alternative to Yoast SEO on the market. Unlike Yoast SEO, it does not affect your website speed. You can also install it on many websites.
SEOPress has two pricing plans, which include:
- Free: The free version can be used on unlimited websites and contains basic tools.
- Pro: Costs $39 per year and can be used on unlimited websites. It has all the features you need. It also has one year of upgrades and customer support.
SEOPress has a 14-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee.
This WordPress SEO plugin is designed for experienced SEO experts that need a comprehensive tool that will improve their companies’ SEO. It has over two million active users and has powerful features that you can use to improve your website’s SEO.
All-In-One SEO is easy to use. You can easily set up your data and can also integrate your social media platforms without hiring the service of an expert. Some of its great features include the following:
- SEO custom user roles
- Smart XML sitemaps
- SEO audit checklist, and
- 24/7 customer support
All-In-One SEO also makes it easy to optimize your website page with a TruSEO score (which gives you a more in-depth analysis of your data via a single click of a button).
All-In-One SEO Pros
- It features a quick setup wizard.
- All-In-One SEO is beginner-friendly and easy to use.
- You can use it to quickly make your blog posts SEO-friendly.
- It features an SEO audit checklist
- The plugin makes social media integration easy.
- It offers excellent customer support.
All-In-One SEO Cons
- It is suitable for only WordPress websites.
All-In-One SEO offers the following pricing plans:
- Basic: $99 per year (suitable for one website)
- Plus: $199 per year (suitable for three websites)
- Pro: $399 per year (suitable for 10 websites)
- Elite: $599 per year (suitable for 100 websites)
Although All-In-One does not offer a free trial, the plugin has a 14-day money-back guarantee on all the premium plans.
5. WP Rocket
Apart from keywords and search terms, your website’s loading time is also a crucial factor that determines how your website ranks in Google search.
WP Rocket gives you a simple and powerful solution that speeds up your website. This gives you quick load times and you can then focus on boosting your SERP (search engine results page) ranking.
In just a few clicks, you can easily install and activate the WordPress SEO plugin on your site. You don’t need to understand any code or settings to use this plugin. You can start using it as soon as you install it.
WP Rocket improves the speed of your website by caching your website once it starts running. It also updates the cached version of your web pages whenever you make changes.
The plugin also includes GZIP compression that helps it take off some seconds from your website’s load times. This compresses your web pages on your server and is then decompressed in the browser when a visitor lands on your website.
Online stores using WordPress don’t need to worry when using WP Rocket. The plugin will not interfere with your store’s shopping cart, checkout, and purchase processes. You can use it as a set-it-and-forget-it plugin and enjoy its numerous benefits. It is also possible to tweak and customize its settings to make your website very fast. You can optimize your data optimization, preloading, file optimization, and CDN integration.
WP Rocket Pros
- It improves the website’s speed and performance.
- Its one-click setup makes it easy to use.
- It offers a 100% money-back guarantee.
- The plugin offers excellent support through the dashboard area.
- It has extensive documentation that explains every feature and setting in the plugin.
- There are cache settings for each of the pages.
WP Rocket Cons
- It has no live support
- There is no lifetime license.
- When compared to its competitors, WP Rocket’s price is higher.
WP Rocket’s plans depend on the number of websites that you want to use it on. They include:
- Single: $49 per year (for one website)
- Plus: $99 per year (for three websites)
- Infinite: $249 per year (for unlimited websites)
1. Do you need an SEO plugin for WordPress?
Although WordPress plugins make SEO easy, they still need some sort of effort. Computers are not that advanced to craft attention-grabbing headlines or select the right keywords. So, you need to do those tasks manually. WordPress needs SEO plugins but plugins are meant to simplify the process.
2. Can WordPress have two SEO plugins?
You can install as many plugins as you like on your WordPress website. However, you need to examine the functions of each of the plugins to ensure they will not interfere with each other. There are some plugins which when used together will aid your website’s SEO.
3. Is Yoast a good plugin?
Yoast SEO is a popular WordPress SEO plugin. It is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins that power lots of websites throughout the world. We use Yoast SEO as our SEO plugin for this website. It is a good plugin that is easy to use.
Turbocharge your SEO results with any of the best WordPress SEO plugins discussed in this article. Once again, here are the plugins:
Do you want to see how you can dominate your niche with the best keyword research tools? Check out our guide on the best keyword research tools.
If you enjoyed this article, you will also love our guide on the smart ways to increase your blog traffic in 30 days.