Looking for the best WordPress themes for bloggers? You are in the right place.
WordPress is the most popular blogging platform. Getting the best WordPress theme will help you stand out as a blogger. WordPress themes influence the layout of your blog, its navigation, and the impression it gives visitors.
There are lots of WordPress themes that bloggers can choose from. As a blogger, I have tried different themes over the years and I know the ones that work well.
In this guide, we will take a look at the five best WordPress themes for bloggers.
Here are the best WordPress themes for bloggers:
- Astra: It is a flexible WordPress theme that offers a simple way to customize your website.
- Authority Pro: Designed for bloggers that want to position themselves as experts in a specific niche.
- Typology: Features rich and attention-grabbing colors with stunning typography.
- Newspaper: It gives you a platform that you can use to present new content to your audience every day.
- Soledad: Comes with over 6,800 homepage demos that you can use for your WordPress blog.
5 Best WordPress Themes For Bloggers
Astra is one of the most popular WordPress themes used by bloggers. It has over 1 million users and claims to be the fastest-growing theme on the market. The theme is best for users that are creating a WordPress blog for the first time. It is also ideal for those that are updating their current blogs.
The Astra theme is very flexible. If you need a simple way to customize your website, this is the theme to consider. The theme is also fast, fully customizable, and light. It allows you to control everything such as the header options, colors, typography, layout settings, archived pages, and blog design.
Astra is also SEO-friendly. It features an SEO-friendly page markup that boosts blogs’ ranking in Google. Astra’s eye-catching design and back-end customizations will go a long way in taking your blog to the next level.
- It is very fast.
- Astra is compatible with most page builders.
- The theme has over 150 demo sites in its gallery.
- Its price is affordable.
- It offers a large number of customization options.
- The theme is regularly updated to fix bugs and include new enhancements.
- The support is low on weekends.
- Newbies might be confused at the start.
Astra has free and premium versions. The free version has lots of features that you can use to build professional and eye-catching websites.
If you want more features, then you need to upgrade to the premium version. The premium version is very affordable for the features it delivers.
Astra’s premium version has 3 pricing plans which are:
- Astra Pro: Costs $59 per year
- Mini Agency Bundle: Costs $169 per year
- Agency Bundle: Costs $249 per year
All the premium packages of Astra offer a 14-day money-back guarantee if you don’t want to continue using the service.
Authority Pro is another awesome WordPress theme designed for bloggers that want to position themselves as experts in a specific niche. If you want to portray yourself as an authority in a particular market, then this is the right theme for you.
The theme helps people to know about your experience, credentials, and expertise areas. It was designed by StudioPress (a name to reckon with in WordPress themes).
You can easily install the theme on your WordPress website with a single click. The theme also features a theme customizer and mobile-friendly interface. It is also compatible with WooCommerce.
Even if you are a new authority in your niche, the Authority Pro theme is still the best option for you to try.
Authority Pro Pros
- It is very fast and speed optimized.
- Authority Pro has a clean and well-structured code.
- The theme is fully responsive; thereby making it mobile-friendly.
- It has Gutenberg support.
- You can use it to create unique, fully customized websites.
Authority Pro Cons
- It does not offer lots of customization for those that want to go into coding.
Authority Pro (along with the Genesis Framework) cost $129.95. This is a one-time purchase and comes with one-year support and lifetime updates. You can also use it on as many websites as you want.
Typology is an awesome minimalist design theme for bloggers. It has rich and attention-grabbing colors that are contrasted with white space and neat typography. Its stunning typography is a great selling point.
Typology has some great features such as showing the time it will take to read each blog post, stunning quotes, and different options of typeset themes.
The theme also has five different homepage customizations. They include the ability to add images to the background, display your most recent blog posts in a slider format, or include a parallax scrolling effect.
- The theme is clean and stylish.
- It is fast.
- Typology is very easy to configure.
- It offers only the important options.
- Social media buttons are also included in the theme.
- Its unique looks will make your blog stand out from the crowd.
- Although the idea of offering only essential features is great, it would be nice if the authors of the theme allow users to create some forms of landing pages.
- It is not 100% SEO-friendly.
Typology costs a one-time fee of $59. This comes with all the featured updates of the Typology theme and 6 months of support.
Our needs when shopping for WordPress themes are different. Some bloggers want a simple blog that they can use to display their portfolios. Others are looking for a platform that presents new content (such as groundbreaking stories about their product, service, or brand) to their audience every day. If this is what you’re looking for, then Newspaper is the WordPress theme that you need for your blog.
It is the bestselling news theme of all time. The theme works well with any type of content or social media integration. It is ideal for both beginners and professionals due to how easy it is to use. Whether you want to launch a blog quickly or create an attention-grabbing design, the theme has features that meet your needs.
You can include sounds, moving images, and other great features that you can use to engage your audience within a few clicks. The most interesting part is that none of these features will reduce the speed of your website.
Those viewing websites built with this theme are not left out. The Newspaper theme is completely integrated with the Google Accelerated Mobile Pages plugin. Unlike other news-related WordPress themes that are slow and cluttered, Newspaper allows your readers to enjoy your content without any hiccups. This is a plus considering the huge number of traffic coming from mobile devices.
You don’t need to code to enjoy any of these features; so newbies can have access to and enjoy the features offered by this theme. Also, you don’t need any graphic design experience or knowledge to edit the images. The Newspaper theme makes it hassle-free to design eye-catching, professional images that will make your content stand out.
Features of Newspaper
Despite the tons of features the theme offers, its management requirement is very simple. You can easily master and use the great features included in the theme. Some of these features include:
- Over 100 pre built websites
- Unlimited sidebars
- Over 1000 pre-made templates, posts, web pages, and sections
- Live search display
- Rating and review system
- WooCommerce shortcodes
- Membership paywalls
You can easily monetize your blog with banner ads, Adsense, and Google Ads when you use Newspaper. All the ads are also responsive. You can get started with the Newspaper theme with 14 pre-defined and 5 custom spots. The Newspaper theme also allows you to place ads wherever you want without interfering with your blog’s flow.
- It has over 80 complete unique website demos
- The theme does not require any coding; simply click and create
- It features an easy to use drag-and-drop website page builder tool
- Newspaper has 8 premium plugins
- It has a powerful and easy-to-use theme control panel
- The theme is lightweight and very fast. It is also responsive on all devices.
- Newspaper has excellent theme support.
- You need time to understand most of the features.
- It offers no RTL (right to left) support.
The price of Newspaper starts at $59 for the regular license. This comes with free future updates and 6 months of support. You can enjoy full-year support by paying an additional $17.63.
This price gives access to lots of features. However, if you want to add other plugins to boost SEO, open an e-commerce store, or improve security, the Newspaper theme will integrate seamlessly.
Soledad has over 6,800 homepage demos that you can use for your WordPress blog. You can easily install any of the demos via a single click.
The Soledad theme offers different post templates for different story types; this makes it a great choice for online magazines. The theme is also optimized for SEO and very responsive on all devices.
Soledad has been installed by over 27,000 WordPress users.
- The theme is very fast and also responsive on all devices.
- It has unlimited settings that you can use to customize any part of your website.
- The theme offers lifetime theme updates.
- It can be used for all niches (such as food, technology, health, and travel amongst others).
- Soledad has friendly and fast customer support.
- The customer support is limited to 6 months.
You can buy Soledad on ThemeForest for $59.
1. How do I choose a theme for my website?
Follow these steps to choose a theme for your website:
- Know the type of website you want to create.
- Take into consideration all the costs and don’t compromise on the quality.
- Look for themes that are flexible and offer lots of customization options.
- Choose responsive themes.
- Know the theme provider and the quality of their customer support, and
- Go for SEO-friendly themes.
2. Do you have to pick a theme in WordPress?
If you are creating a new WordPress website, you can just choose the right theme and install it on your website. However, if you have an established WordPress website, it is important that you properly change your theme so that you don’t end up affecting the SEO and performance of your website.
3. How can I set up my blog?
You can set up your blog in these simple steps:
- Pick a descriptive blog name.
- Purchase a domain name and get web hosting for your blog.
- Install the WordPress page builder.
- Search for the best WordPress theme for blogging.
- Get some essential WordPress plugins and add-ons.
- Publish your blog and start sharing your content with the world.
4. What are themes in blogs?
Themes determine the layout and appearance of your blog. It also influences the impression readers to have on you. A good theme makes it easy to navigate your website.
5. How do I find out the theme that my blog is using?
An easy way to determine the WordPress theme that your website is using is through IsItWP; a website theme detector. IsIWP is a free tool that shows you the theme and plugins that are used by a WordPress website. Simply open the IsItWP website and type in the domain name (or URL) of the website that you are interested in.
Which of the best WordPress themes for bloggers will you choose?
It is important to have the right WordPress theme for blogging. The right WordPress theme will position you as a serious and professional blogger. It will also make your website impressive. The best WordPress theme for blogging is a personal decision; think of the theme you can choose that will make it easy for people to recognize and interact with your brand.
Irrespective of the kind of blog you run, ensure you install a WordPress theme that showcases your expertise and style.
Here are the themes considered in this guide:
- Authority Pro
I hope these WordPress themes will put your feet on the right path and guide you in choosing the best WordPress theme for your blogging career.
Here’s a guide that will show you seven steps that you should follow while choosing a name for your blog.
If you’re still wondering why you need to start a blog, these 10 reasons will clear your doubt.