If you are looking for the best WordPress themes that you can lay your hands on this year, then you are in the right place. We will consider 5 such themes in this article.
All businesses need to have a website that is fast with a great design. There are lots of exceptional WordPress themes that have such features.
WordPress themes use different layouts to showcase content beautifully and increase engagement with your products or services. The right theme can give you all you want without writing a single code.
I have put together this guide to show you some of the best WordPress websites that you can use for your WordPress website.
<< Read: Top 10 Best Free Plugins To Boost Your WordPress Speed >>
Are you in a hurry and don’t have the time to read the whole guide? Here are the five best WordPress themes that will be discussed in this article:
- Astra: It works seamlessly with different website builders like Elementor, Brizy, Beaver Builder, and Gutenberg.
- Authority Pro: Ideal for businesses and individuals that want to expand their brand on the internet.
- Divi: Packed with tons of features and excellent functionality.
- Tusant: Perfect for podcast creators, voice-over artists, musicians, and music streaming.
- Zakra: Stylish WordPress theme that is optimized for the largest search engines.
5 Best WordPress Themes
Astra is a popular WordPress theme that is designed to work with different website builders like Elementor, Brizy, Beaver Builder, and Gutenberg. It has both free and paid versions. However, if you want to have access to its e-commerce features, you will need to buy one of its pro plans.
Some of the great features of Astra that you will find in the pro version include Off-Canvas Sidebar (where you can include filters and widgets to make it easy for your customer to find what he or she is looking for), Infinite Scroll thereby making your products to load dynamically as your prospect scrolls down the page, and multiple Checkout Options that will customize the layout to align with your users’ needs (such as distraction-free checkout or two-step checkout).
The customization options of Astra are impressive. You can easily change the layout, typography, and can also turn off the title page and sidebar without writing a single code. Astra is advertised as a fast theme; which implies that it will load within a short period without annoying your site visitors.
- It has lots of free templates
- Astra is made for page builders
- The theme offers a lifetime plan
- It is light and well-coded
- The pro versions offer lots of theme features
- It does not have options for styling the header
- Its WooCommerce features can be improved
- The lifetime plan is expensive
You can download Astra for free from the WordPress Repository. However, it also has some premium plans that give you access to more features. They include:
- Astra Pro ($59)
- Mini Agency bundle ($169)
- Agency Bundle ($249)
Astra offers a 14-day money-back guarantee. This means that you will be refunded if you think that Astra (and all its features) are not worth it.
2. Authority Pro
Authority Pro is a theme that is ideal for businesses and anyone that needs to expand their brand on the internet. The theme is built around StudioPress’ Genesis Framework (the designers’ tool for creating and customizing their themes) and works seamlessly with WordPress’s Gutenberg Editor.
Authority Pro is very responsive and can be used with e-commerce plugins. The best part is that it has been configured for WooCommerce. It is also compatible with Accessibility options.
Authority Pro Pros
- It is easy to use
- The theme is fast and highly responsive
- It has a clean and professional interface
- Authority Pro is optimized for SEO
- It has a unique design and contains all the basic features that are required for a functional website.
Authority Pro Cons
Although the Authority Pro theme has all you need to create a great-looking blog or website, there are some things that I don’t like about it. They include the following:
- Authority Pro lacks some basic configurations. For instance, if you want to change colors or fonts on the website, you need to use CSS or HTML edits. If you don’t know how to use these, you will need to install some plugins to get them done.
- Some of the additional plugins that you need to carry out basic configurations are not free; thereby making the price of the theme higher.
You can have access to the Genesis Framework and the Authority Pro theme for $129.95. It is a one-time purchase and you won’t need to pay for any updates.
Divi is the most popular WordPress theme. It has over 800,000 users throughout the world. The theme uses the motto; “The sky is the limit.” Divi has lots of features and excellent functionality.
One of the features of the theme is Divi Builder. This allows you to create the layout of your choice. Unlike most builders from other themes, you are not limited to the layouts that you can customize. The Divi Builder also allows users to change anything in their layout (such as colors, icons, page formats, and post formats). This is a great way to create a dynamic appearance without writing a single code.
In addition, the layout builder uses a drag-and-drop interface, which makes it easy to use.
You can install the Divi theme and start uploading your content in less than one hour. Irrespective of the style you want to use while building your site, Divi will help you use it efficiently. It gives you great exposure by being responsive on any device and browser.
The design of your website (built with the Divi theme) will automatically resize itself to align with the screen of any device
- It has a clean and intuitive design
- Divi offers great value for money (and also has a lifetime deal)
- You can use Divi on countless websites without any limitations
- Its drag-and-drop page builder is easy to use
- It offers over 100 stunning templates
- If you are a website designer with coding skills, you can do great stuff with this theme
- It has an Extra WordPress theme
- It tends to be slow when you are working with longer pages
- The theme has no popup builder
- The inline editing option can be improved
The Divi theme has 2 pricing plans; yearly access and lifetime access. The most popular plan is $89 per year. You can also pay a one-time price of $249 for lifetime access and updates.
Both pricing plans will give you access to all the themes (i.e. Divi and Extra), plugins (Monarch and Bloom), theme updates, unlimited use of the website, premium support, and a risk-free guarantee.
The Tusant theme is ideal for podcast creators, voice-over artists, musicians, and music streaming. Although many themes can offer great designs, Tusant is practical and allows you to embed audio and video files from many sources.
For instance, it allows a podcast creator to embed a whole ongoing series easily, while musicians can also display their most recent work. Tusant can also show an unlimited number of entries.
In addition, Tusant works well with all the vital podcasting plugins like Seriously Simple Podcasting, PowerPress, and PodLove. You can also host MP3 files locally. So, you can be as creative as you want when using Tusant.
The theme has the following features:
- It supports more than 900 Google fonts
- Tusant has a dedicated support
- You can install themes via a single click
- Its design is mobile responsive
- It has a WordPress built-in customizer
- There is a page builder support
- It is translation-ready
- There is full documentation for each section of the theme
- The theme has a friendly customer support
- It is easy to use and also newbie-friendly
- Most Tusant users enjoy a positive experience with the theme
- It is a great contender in Podcast WordPress themes
- It is a bit expensive when compared to its competitors in the same category
- The one-click installation, responsive design, and drag and drop page builder features have been rated to be below industry average
We have three different tiers from the Tusant creators. They include:
- Single Podcast Theme: Costs $69 for one second Line Podcast WordPress theme and 12 months of updates and support.
- Podcast Theme Bundle: Costs $139 for access to all Second Lines Podcast WordPress themes as well as 12 months of updates and support.
- Lifetime Access: Costs $389 for unlimited lifetime access to all Second Lines Podcast WordPress themes. It also gives you access to lifetime updates and support.
Zakra is a stylish WordPress theme that can help your brand to rank higher on Google. The theme is optimized for the largest search engines. It loads quickly and also supports most of the essential SEO plugins.
An impressive feature of Zakra is that it has about 50 pre-built demos that you can use with the theme. These demos can be used for different scenarios that you need and you can set them up quickly via a one-click demo importer. Once installed, you can customize it to your taste. The demos are great to use for those that are short on time (since you can start using them within a short period).
Zakra has the following features:
- It features a light design
- Zakra is integrated with WooCommerce
- It can be used on different devices
- Compatibility with popular page builders
- It is translation-ready
- The theme features dynamic and customizable areas
- It has a menu styling option
- It has a fast loading speed
- Zakra offers lifetime auto-updates
- It is compatible with WooCommerce
- It has no visual header builder
You can use Zakra for free. However, you won’t be able to use many features in the free version. You can upgrade to one of the four premium packages below for more features. Each of these packages is for lifetime access:
- Personal: Costs $159 for 1 website license.
- Personal Plus: Costs $2909 for 3 website licenses. It also offers more than 30 premium starter demos and Elementor companion.
- Professional: Costs $422 for 10 website licenses. It also contains over 30 premium starter demos and an Elementor companion.
- Developer: Costs $454 for unlimited website licenses. It also contains over 30 premium starter demos, Elementor companion as well as future plugins.
1. What is the most versatile WordPress theme?
Divi is the most versatile WordPress theme. It is one of the most popular WordPress themes that can be used for many purposes. Apart from the tons of custom-made demos and layouts that it has, the theme also contains an easy-to-use website builder.
2. What is the best WordPress theme for beginners?
Astra is the best WordPress theme for beginners because of its customization options, high-quality functionality, and the huge number of free extensions it has. The theme is compatible with most page builders.
3. Is it worth paying for a WordPress theme?
A good premium WordPress theme gives you the flexibility you need in terms of design; this makes your website stand out from the crowd. It also allows you to create different styles of websites that will make it hard to tell that you used the theme used by others to design your website.
4. How can I get a free WordPress theme?
- Choose ‘Appearance,’ then click ‘Themes’ on the WordPress dashboard.
- Click ‘Install Themes.’ You will find this at the top of the ‘Manage Themes‘ page.
- Enter your search criteria and click ‘Search’ at the right of the Search box.
There are lots of elegant WordPress themes on the internet, and this list has provided a glimpse of what you can do on the different platforms. Many themes work better for different purposes.
The best WordPress themes that we considered include:
- Authority Pro
Irrespective of who you are, whether you are a travel blogger, freelancer, podcaster, or maybe you want to sell online, I recommend any of the WordPress themes above. You can do a lot with a single theme. So, check them out and get started right away.
Read one of our recent guides that shows you how WordPress sites get hacked to understand what you can do to secure your WordPress website. Here’s another guide that contains 7 WordPress page builder plugins.